how do you determine what your calorie goal should be for the activity app

I

iMore Question

I wasn't sure how to determine what my calorie goal should be for the activity app on the apple watch...I'm 5'10 204lbs I want to get back to 175lbs (soccer playing weight before acl injury ;)

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I wasn't sure how to determine what my calorie goal should be for the activity app on the apple watch...I'm 5'10 204lbs I want to get back to 175lbs (soccer playing weight before acl injury ;)

My advice is to look back over the past week or so, see how many active calories you're averaging, and then set that as your goal. If you find you're not making it frequently, you can lower it at any time. To me, the goal should be motivating not demoralizing, so set a goal you'll usually hit.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

As above. I set mine really high for the first week then calculated an average for my actual results. I then added 20 and set that. I do occasionally change it when I'm on leave for example and likely to go on the bike more but I always have my baseline.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2