Can I use time machine to restore my old OSX if I install Sierra and decide I don't like it?

I

iMore Question

I am afraid I might not like Sierra and I may want to revert back to Yosemite, at least for a time until a newer OS comes out that might suit me better than Sierra. Will time machine allow my Macbook Pro to revert back to Yosemite if necessary?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! If you can get a copy of the installer files you should be able to restore and then revert back to Yosemite. I wouldn't be too worried though. Sierra isn't light years different than Yosemite and most of the new features can be disabled if you don't like them.

squigmajig

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
re:

thanks a lot! that was a very speedy reply. i guess i will take the plunge. i need Sierra in order to upgrade Logic Pro X to the new version. i am just being cautious. i had read many negative reviews of El Capitan when it came out, but i have read mainly good things about SIerra.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
re:

thanks a lot! that was a very speedy reply. i guess i will take the plunge. i need Sierra in order to upgrade Logic Pro X to the new version. i am just being cautious. i had read many negative reviews of El Capitan when it came out, but i have read mainly good things about SIerra.

You're welcome.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen