my iphone got cold and has died, can it be fixed?

I

iMore Question

I was outside for 15 minutes, it was near zero, the phone went dead, plugged it in and tried the reboot, got sporadic power for the remainder of the day, after doing the reboot each time,but when the phone went into sleep mode it died. Took hours to have another shot at using it. Today, not able to get it to function at all. I'll get the apple after the reboot then it goes dark. I also get black stripes from top of screen to bottom after some of the reboots.

I

iMore Question

I was outside for 15 minutes, it was near zero, the phone went dead, plugged it in and tried the reboot, got sporadic power for the remainder of the day, after doing the reboot each time,but when the phone went into sleep mode it died. Took hours to have another shot at using it. Today, not able to get it to function at all. I'll get the apple after the reboot then it goes dark. I also get black stripes from top of screen to bottom after some of the reboots. It is an iphone6

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.com! In order to better help you we are going to need more info. Please join the site so you can post a response to our questions. It's easy, here's how...
http://forums.imore.com/ask-question/293812-guide-how-sign-up-imore.html

Sure sounds like some sort of hardware issue. Perhaps moisture via condensation entered the device, extreme temp CAN cause this. Maybe it can be fixed, Apple will know, they can run a diagnostic on the device to determine the issue and offer a fix. Depending on warranty status, this may cost a bit, but for sure have it checked a diagnostic should be free, and then you can decline the repair if it's too costly and then consider buying a new phone, or a newer used iPhone. :)

https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=psp&PRKEYS=

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner