Water Damage Phone - rice, battery replace, screen replace then apple icon blinking then red screen

I

iMore Question

Long story - short version - the phone (Iphone 5S) and I went for a 10 min swim in our pool, good for me, not good for phone.

I followed the rice, water absorption advice left it their for 14 days or so. Battery went to a bloated stage.

I replaced the battery and apple icon blinking then red screen issue appeared. I did some research, advice was it might be the screen etc.. So for $40 dollars went and bought a full front replacement ( camera , home button etc..) to make sure other items weren't damaged. Does anyone have any ideas what might be the problem? To me is was resonable to put $50 dollars into repairing the phone but I am at a loss what to do next ( besides buy another phone),

Any help would be great. Thanks Shaun

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm one of those guys that just tells it like it is so forgive me for being somewhat direct. Make preparations to "replace" your current iPhone. Period

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
A new phone is your best bet. A water damaged phone will continue to have issues with corrosion of sensitive parts.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Going to agree with @Just_Me_D and @Ledsteplin here. Even if you're able to get it back in working order it's likely just prolonging the inevitable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR