iPhone 6 earpiece speaker volume

steveinville

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
I have found a few dialogues on this topic but no definitive answer. The earpiece speaker on my iPhone 6 is not loud enough. I ordered and installed a replacement speaker but it does not help. I see on the Internet that many people have this problem, but I do not see a definitive answer. It seems to be a software problem because as I mentioned the replacement speaker had no effect.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not trying to be facetious, but how loud do you expect it to be? How is your hearing? Have you tried increasing the volume while on a call?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Make sure it's the right side speaker itself NOT your hearing by switching ears, I KNOW it's awkward to put them in backwards, BUT it will help you determine if its the headphone, OR if it's you. As we age we DO, and can lose some of our hearing in either ear, its quite common. I'm 50 trust me I know! (too many rock concerts when I was a teen and a 20 something!)

If it's software I have not heard of it being a widespread issue. Try carefully poking a toothpick (is best) in to the headphone jack to make sure it is free of dust bunnies etc. Also try lightly blowing in it. And of COURSE you should (and probably already have) restarted your device via holding the power and home button at the same time (iphone 7 users note it's power and volume DOWN for us!).

steveinville

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
My hearing is fine... in a quiet setting I can barely hear. Doesn't matter which ear I hold the phone to. With the multitude of web references to this problem there has to be some solution. Please, I've tried all of the simple and "obvious" steps.

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
My hearing is fine... in a quiet setting I can barely hear. Doesn't matter which ear I hold the phone to. With the multitude of web references to this problem there has to be some solution. Please, I've tried all of the simple and "obvious" steps.

Well what do the multiple references say about the problem?

steveinville

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
Most to have salted seem to realize that the cellophane cover on the new phone was still over the earpiece hole, I hack and you sure you that's not the case. Others have said there is dust in the earpiece I have made sure that is not the case. Many seem to live with the problem by turning on the speaker button every time they make a phone conversation.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Most to have salted seem to realize that the cellophane cover on the new phone was still over the earpiece hole, I hack and you sure you that's not the case. Others have said there is dust in the earpiece I have made sure that is not the case. Many seem to live with the problem by turning on the speaker button every time they make a phone conversation.

Try going to settings > General > Accessibility > Hearing Devices > Hearing Aid Mode > Toggle on. This increased the volume on my Wife's 5c a lot. When she first got it new she could barely hear it. Her hearing is excellent. Turning on Hearing Aid Mode made all the difference. It's louder than my 6s Plus.

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Try going to settings > General > Accessibility > Hearing Devices > Hearing Aid Mode > Toggle on. This increased the volume on my Wife's 5c a lot. When she first got it new she could barely hear it. Her hearing is excellent. Turning on Hearing Aid Mode made all the difference. It's louder than my 6s Plus.

My father says "what" so much when you talk to him, I thought that was his nick name for me!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711