iPad Pro iMovie limitations.

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
Hi.
I'm using a 9.7 iPad Pro and find the IMovie app very limited especially when wanting to post direct to You Tube.
It won't post any video longer than 15 mins even to a verified account.

I'm having to go to the iMac to do this work flow even when the footage is in either photos or iCloud and could easily be accessed with the iPad.

Am I missing something or is the iMovie app on iPad so much more restricted than the mac version?

iMovie is a great app on the mac and would like small but vital features like the timer on the iPad version.

Regards...Paul.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, I doubt it's a YouTube limit because Ive seen video footage far longer than 15 minutes. I also cant understand it being a limit of the iPad Pro, especially if you're uploading via Wi-Fi. Hopefully, someone who frequently uploads iMovies to YouTube or who can better assist you will reply soon.

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
Hmmm, I doubt it's a YouTube limit because Ive seen video footage far longer than 15 minutes. I also cant understand it being a limit of the iPad Pro, especially if you're uploading via Wi-Fi. Hopefully, someone who frequently uploads iMovies to YouTube or who can better assist you will reply soon.

I've made enquiries with apple tech and they say it's a limitation with the YouTube app on iOS.
Currently I have to upload via the Chrome browser on the iMac

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73