iCloud lock question.

doughmay

Jan 29, 2017
Visit site
Hey!

My iPod 5th generation went missing and thinking it was just in my home I just looked around but didn't find it, I forgot about it for a few weeks, then I tried to activate lost mode but it died so it was offline and said when it connected to wifi it would activate, but my question is, if my iPod was stolen by someone and factory reset before I tried cloud lock would find my iPhone still report it as offline or would it cloud lock the device on whoever is using it?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If the device was not protected with the iCloud Activation Lock then if someone reset the device and then signed in to it with their own Apple ID and passcode, you will be out of luck.

doughmay

Jan 29, 2017
Visit site
If the device was not protected with the iCloud Activation Lock then if someone reset the device and then signed in to it with their own Apple ID and passcode, you will be out of luck.

Oh ok. So basically if someone signs on with there Apple ID before I activated cloud protection it's gone essentially and even if it's restored again, it will still be free from iCloud lock?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh ok. So basically if someone signs on with there Apple ID before I activated cloud protection it's gone essentially and even if it's restored again, it will still be free from iCloud lock?

That is correct.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW