Delayed Emails

lytefall

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a hotmail account linked to my iPhone 6. I have it set to push. Everything was fine and I received emails near instantly...until a few weeks ago, then I started having emails missing that I needed to have people resend.

Today I received 15 emails all at the same time. The newest of which was from 5 days ago, the oldest from 14 days ago.

What am I missing here? This has already caused some personal headaches for me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft could be experiencing problems on their end. I doubt the problem lies with the device or iOS. Have you contacted Microsoft Support to make an inquiry. Alternatively, you can try resetting the network settings in case it's a network issue.

lytefall

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Sorry. I should have clarified. I don't often get into a desktop computer to actually check my email but I did check it about a week ago and although they hadn't shown up on my phone the emails were there when I accessed hotmail via their site.

anon(10101748)

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
This is incredibly common for Free Email Providers. Happens almost daily for me, but usually by a few hours. Never days like you're describing. I have 1 Outlook, 2 Yahoo!'s, and 2 Gmail Accounts loaded into the native mail app.

Outlook is always instant. Yahoo is set to PUSH but always 30 mins to 5 hours late and Gmail is on Fetch. The Yahoo website for Mail Help is always saying they have an outage.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods