More iMessage weird mixups

I

iMore Question

My daughter got a new iPhone yesterday, she's keeping the same phone number as her old one. This evening I got a message from my wife, which showed up on my iPhone as sent from her, as usual. But on my Mac it showed up as from my daughter, labelled ''iMessage with xxxxx', which is my wife's phone number, not hers. My Contacts show each of them with their own iPhone number, nothing's changed. They do have the same landline number and so do I. What is going on and how do we fix it??

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.com! In order to better help you we are going to need more info. Please join the site so you can post a response to our questions. It's easy, here's how...
http://forums.imore.com/ask-question/293812-guide-how-sign-up-imore.html

Underage daughter? Using mommy's email as her AppleID for purchases and such? THAT might explain the issue. Based on your judgement IF she's an older teen you MIGHT want to set her up with her own AppleID. You can also consider getting her a prepaid, re-loadable visa/master card for purchases. OR use paypal, WITHOUT a bank account linked; just paypal her money as you see fit (paypal gift is free of charges) OR reload her prepaid credit card when you wish. (when she gets As, or does chores, OR WHATEVER)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You can share the iTunes ID. But iCloud, iMessage and Facetime ID's should be your own. That way you can share purchases. But you guys should look at family Sharing.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2