IPhone 5s camera problem

I

iMore Question

I have iPhone 5s, when i try to use the LED Flash i got a white light on my picture. I don't have a cover for my phone. Its keeps appearing when i try to use the LED flash. Image below.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! We could help you better if you registered in. So after you take a picture, it has a white light on it? Is it a glare? What does it look like? Does it cover the entire picture? We need more information!!

mr_robot22

Jan 17, 2017
Visit site
Its appearing all the time when i used the LED Flash.
Here's the image
IMG_0169.jpg

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Try placing your finger over the flash and snap a photo (obviously make sure the flash is set to ON, not automatic). Are you still getting the white spot? Obviously the flash is somehow bleeding into your photos but I'm wondering if it's happening outside of the phone housing or inside.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Do I need to repair this?

I'm not sure it's a reparable issue. You can try to restore your iPhone to factory settings and set it up as a new device, just to weed out a software issue. If the problem persists you'll want to have it serviced by Apple or a reputable repair shop.

Tom Whitney

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
The problem you're encountering is because you're shooting in near absolute darkness. The issue occurs because the camera locks on to the prep flash and can't focus. What makes things worse is there is no white balance because there is nothing white for the camera to lock on to...

When shooting in near darkness with the 5s make sure you have a mat reflective surface in the background then contrast with your figure in the foreground. If you're trying took shot landscape with the flash on, don't. Turn it off, or maybe make a scrim by using tissue paper folded over two or three times covering the flash.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I have iPhone 5s, when i try to use the LED Flash i got a white light on my picture. I don't have a cover for my phone. Its keeps appearing when i try to use the LED flash. Image below.

Thanks for posting the question mr_robot22!

Even if we are not able to help you. Its nice to know about this issue so that if it comes up again we can say 'its happened before'. I think somehow the light from the LED flash is leaking behind the glass and onto the camera lens before the photo is being taken. Because, as you said, when you covered up the flash, it still had that light which means it could actually be leaking sideways. Best advice would be to take it to a Apple store and ask for a repair. OR if you don't have the money, just disable the flash.

Hopefully the phone can right itself without getting repaired.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR