My iPhone 4 switches off when I try to make a call, or send a text. Why?

I

iMore Question

I have just replaced the battery. All appeared to be OK, and the battery charged up fully to 100%. Advice from the battery supplier is to let the battery run down to zero 2 or 3 times, and recharge. It is currently on the 2 recharge. Texts and emails are being received but the phone switches off when I try to make a call, or send a text. Has always worked perfectly up to the point of battery replacement. Anyone have similar experience and solution?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: My Iphone 4 switches off when I try to make a call, or send a text. Why?

Welcome to iMore! You likely have a bad battery or something else was damaged when the battery was swapped.

nev2

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site

Rob, Thanks for your reply. The battery seems to be performing OK, and is holding charge well. Maybe I did damage something when putting it in, or perhaps I haven't got it positioned exactly. I will try taking it out and repositioning it when it is down to zero charge.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Rob, Thanks for your reply. The battery seems to be performing OK, and is holding charge well. Maybe I did damage something when putting it in, or perhaps I haven't got it positioned exactly. I will try taking it out and repositioning it when it is down to zero charge.

No problem. Best of luck and keep us posted!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal