Embed artwork in albums folder to Itunes??

I

iMore Question

I have a large music library I added & about half the artwork shows up. It is my understanding that the mp3s have to have the art embeded in them to show. My collection is very organized & every album + single has the correct cover image file within it's folder named folder.jpg

I have a Windows 10 PC & all I could really find was an "ember folder art" script I believe it was called. I tested it on a couple folders after I first intalled it & it seemed to work, but that was it..has never worked since & keep getting error messages when I use it on my Itunes library

This is very nervewracking, I know a simple solution has to be out there, I just can't find anything to do the simple task of embeding my music with the art contained in it's folders. I have tried mp3 tag too, that supposedly does this, but the advice I saw online was super confusing to do & dated, telling me to go to menus that don't exist
in the current version

Thanks in advance

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
If all your music is organised neatly then, although manual, it should be doable in mp3tag which is freeware.

Import your music library into mp3tag, organise it by folder and then when you select the tracks for each folder you can click and add artwork to them all in one go.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Just open iTunes, go to your music, open Album view, make sure you have the album art saved to a location which is convenient for you.

Now select all songs in that album, tap get info, go to album artwork, delete any existing artwork, drag the album artwork of your choosing to that screen and hit 'save'.

It may be a PITA, but it will be worth it in the long run.

Ps, embedding artwork in songs using other software generally makes the file sizes bigger. Doing this within iTunes not so much.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal