How do I completely separate my account from the previous phone owner's account?

I

iMore Question

I recently received an iPhone 6 from someone whom had used the phone and input her personal information on. She gave it to me because she got a new one. It still has her Apple ID and password on my phone, even though I've tried to put in a new ID and password. The latest response from the "iforgot.apple.com" site was, basically, to wait a few days and keep checking the email, meaning her e-mail, to which I don't have the password. I was trying to download a ride-sharing app. right away to get a free ride, and I guess it's telling me I need to wait until the previous owner receives an e-mail about starting a new password. When I download an app on my phone, the app also shows up on the previous owner's. I was using her password for a while, then it stopped working... maybe because I tried to change it again today.

What are my options? Anyone with some know-how in this arena?

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
What firedept10 said. Your friend should have wiped it before she gave you the phone and removed her account

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I find it hard to believe she gave you her Apple ID password. As stated, there's absolutely nothing you can do. She would need to wipe the phone for you. There's no way around that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods