Is anyone else hearing a weird electric sound when placing the 5S close to your ear?

Mustafaozcan33

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi. I have 5S. I am hearing an electric sound (when i close the phone to my ear) and i am so afraid because it's like iphone is going to explode. Is anyone having this problem? I have no guarantee so i can't send phone to service. Can i repair the iphone at anywhere? Is it safe? Thank you.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Weird Electric Sound in 5S

If it's that unusual and scary, I would take it to a reputable repair shop and let them check it. It shouldn't cost for that. They could at least tell you if it's a normal sound or not. Does everything work ok? Does it get too hot? If all else is ok, then maybe it's just an odd sound. Nothing to worry about. What does an "electric sound" sound like?

Mustafaozcan33

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site

It gets too hot when i use Snapchat. Really hot. Sometimes it freezes. This sound is like an pc processors sound. I am always hearing a sound like ssssssssssssss like snake sound

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

It gets too hot when i use Snapchat. Really hot. Sometimes it freezes. This sound is like an pc processors sound. I am always hearing a sound like ssssssssssssss like snake sound

Try a hard reset first.
Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
If that doesn't work, try Reset All Settings.
Reset All Settings
Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

If that doesn't work, try restoring the phone as new, not from a back up.

If it still does it, take it to a reputable repair shop and let them check it out.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site

If you have an Apple store near you that might be a good place to go. A diagnostic should be free, although I would imagine your device itself is out of warranty so the actual repair you might be better off at a 3rd party shop...

https://support.apple.com/repair

Also might want to consider replacing the device with a newer model if you can afford rather than throwing a ton of money in to an older phone. Maybe pick up a used SE or iPhone 6 or 6S, OR even go for the latest and greatest? iPhone 7?

Mustafaozcan33

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Weird Electric Sound in 5S

Thanks to everyone. I will go to Apple Store soon. I agree diagnostic should be free. I hope i won't pay money cuz this is not my fault

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site

Thanks to everyone. I will go to Apple Store soon. I agree diagnostic should be free. I hope i won't pay money cuz this is not my fault

If your car is out of warranty and the you get an oil leak, it is not your fault. But you still must pay for the service and/or repair.