Puffin Downloads?

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Anybody familiar with Puffin Pro? I installed. it in my ipad pro because it works well on my Android phone.

When I download a file from the internet I choose "store on my device" as opposed to dropbox etc. Trouble is when I use File Explorer to. search my device it isn't there. The only place I can find it is in the Puffin app under downloads.

How do I know the file is physically on my ipad and not in the Puffin server? I would like to be able to access the file from Excel without having to go to Puffin, click downloads, click file, click open with excel. I also want the security to know the data is in my device and NOT in the cloud. Thanks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully, the information below as well as the associated link will be helpful to you.

About the iOS File System

The iOS file system is geared toward apps running on their own. To keep the system simple, users of iOS devices do not have direct access to the file system and apps are expected to follow this convention.

iOS Standard Directories: Where Files Reside
For security purposes, an iOS app’s interactions with the file system are limited to the directories inside the app’s sandbox directory. During installation of a new app, the installer creates a number of container directories for the app inside the sandbox directory.

Source: https://developer.apple.com/library...de/FileSystemOverview/FileSystemOverview.html

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
So is my downloaded file physically on phone?

Would Puffin developers be able to look at downloaded files stored on my ipad in their app? I download secure files from work and I don't want anybody else to see them or have access to them.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner