Why Won't My iphone connect to wifi?

I

iMore Question

About three months ago my iPhone 6 wouldn't connect to wifi upstairs. It didn't even show my network as a choice. Now, I can't get wifi in the kitchen, and I barely get two bars standing a foot away from the router. My brother's android and my laptop get perfect wifi upstairs. It is the same in other places too. He'll have three bars and my iPhone won't even sense the network. I haven't eyrie do almost everything. I even factory reset my phone. Please help! I am running out of ideas other than smashing my apple iPhone 6 with a big hammer!

srkmagnus

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! We wouldn't want you to smash the device (that would be an expensive fix), so let's see if we can assist. Have you tried resetting the router? If not, unplug it from the power source for about a minute. Plug it back in and wait for it to boot. Go back into your WiFi settings and try adding the device. If you already have, forget it, then add it back.

If that doesn't work then consider moving the router to a better, more centralized location. Often times this may not be possible due to where the service provided has setup the router. But if you can move it, give that a try.

Let us know if this helps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods