Should I get an iPhone or an Android?

I

iMore Question

Which operating system would I find most useful for smartphone- Android or iOS?

macuser82uk

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Your Lifestyle will answer that question for you easily

I have iPhone because i have a Mac and several other apple products so it makes sense just to have a iPhone and i never really got to grips with android phones so apple suites me fine don't get me wrong doesn't suite everyone we are all different

For example i always go for a walk every day to get some shopping so when the Apple Watch was released i bought it so I when i am walking i can change my playlist over if I wanted to and get emails and text messages easy

I also do a lot of cycling to so messages and playlist are always easy to get to when I am cycling the watch has been a big benefit to myself a lot of people would say no but of coarse we are all different and wouldn't require one at all.

It's like the air pods when they were put on sale i bought them with in a heartbeat because when i am going cycling or shopping i can listen to my playlists which ever i am doing and when i am done i can recharge my airpods up in the box
And when it times to use them again they are fully charge and i don't have to listen to the Bluetooth headphones saying
Battery level low the airpods have changed the way I do things it makes my lifestyle more easier for me

Their is a brief summary of my lifestyle your lifestyle might be completely different to what mine is

I have found the apple products more easier to work with no major problems

whatisaniphone

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
Honestly, when it boils down to it there is no correct answer. A lot of people prefer iPhone over Android and there are other people who are loyal to Android. I feel like there is a lot of hype around having an iPhone, especially if you have the latest device. When I was first in the market for a smartphone I went to my carrier store (T-Mobile) and I told them what I was looking for in a smartphone and they pointed me in the right direction. After a year or so with the device I was ready to upgrade, I stuck with Android because I knew how their OS worked. After a year of that and after finding out that the iPhone was on my carrier I decided to switch. Honestly, I will never go back. Apple seems to know what they're doing when it comes to their phones. They're extremely easy to use, have a great camera and the battery life is superb. One example I would like to give us through the camera. When you open the camera of any Samsung device you are greeted with so many different options to manipulate the image before you take it. There are many different cool features that the camera has but not many that you're going to use on a daily basis. How often will you really use all the "cool" features it has to offer? Very rarely. The iPhone on the other hand is very simple. There aren't many words to go with the options that you get which gives it a sleek look (don't worry, it's only a few icons you have to learn). You don't get to tamper with the image until after you take it. This makes the iPhone camera quick and easy to use, no fuss. Personally, I feel that this is where many different split. Some smartphone users prefer the complications and the plethora of features they get to choose from, others want to simplicity and ease. Don't get me wrong, I don't intend to down play the iPhone, it still boasts a lot of cool features, but it doesn't make it overcomplicated as Android does.
I suggest you get an iPhone if you have any other Apple product such as an iPad or Mac. When you have all Apple, everything is so seamless. Multitasking is an ease an Apple continues to make their productivity even better. If you take a photo on your iPhone it automatically shows up in the photos app of your iPad and Mac, the same goes for iTunes and iMessage. Since Android tends to be strictly for phones, it doesn't allow the integrated flow. This is possible using Google apps on your Chromebook, Android phone or Tablet, but not as easy and effortlessly as Apple.
I could go into much greater detail and example, but I feel as if that's a bit much. When it really boils down to it, Android is great for power users who enjoy real multitasking (two apps open at once on the screen), more complex features and a bit of confusion at time. iPhone can be thought of as sleek, sophisticated and easy to use. The choice is truly yours!

Bushkesh

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Honestly, when it boils down to it there is no correct answer. A lot of people prefer iPhone over Android and there are other people who are loyal to Android. I feel like there is a lot of hype around having an iPhone, especially if you have the latest device. When I was first in the market for a smartphone I went to my carrier store (T-Mobile) and I told them what I was looking for in a smartphone and they pointed me in the right direction. After a year or so with the device I was ready to upgrade, I stuck with Android because I knew how their OS worked. After a year of that and after finding out that the iPhone was on my carrier I decided to switch. Honestly, I will never go back. Apple seems to know what they're doing when it comes to their phones. They're extremely easy to use, have a great camera and the battery life is superb. One example I would like to give us through the camera. When you open the camera of any Samsung device you are greeted with so many different options to manipulate the image before you take it. There are many different cool features that the camera has but not many that you're going to use on a daily basis. How often will you really use all the "cool" features it has to offer? Very rarely. The iPhone on the other hand is very simple. There aren't many words to go with the options that you get which gives it a sleek look (don't worry, it's only a few icons you have to learn). You don't get to tamper with the image until after you take it. This makes the iPhone camera quick and easy to use, no fuss. Personally, I feel that this is where many different split. Some smartphone users prefer the complications and the plethora of features they get to choose from, others want to simplicity and ease. Don't get me wrong, I don't intend to down play the iPhone, it still boasts a lot of cool features, but it doesn't make it overcomplicated as Android does.
I suggest you get an iPhone if you have any other Apple product such as an iPad or Mac. When you have all Apple, everything is so seamless. Multitasking is an ease an Apple continues to make their productivity even better. If you take a photo on your iPhone it automatically shows up in the photos app of your iPad and Mac, the same goes for iTunes and iMessage. Since Android tends to be strictly for phones, it doesn't allow the integrated flow. This is possible using Google apps on your Chromebook, Android phone or Tablet, but not as easy and effortlessly as Apple.
I could go into much greater detail and example, but I feel as if that's a bit much. When it really boils down to it, Android is great for power users who enjoy real multitasking (two apps open at once on the screen), more complex features and a bit of confusion at time. iPhone can be thought of as sleek, sophisticated and easy to use. The choice is truly yours!

All that talk about Android being complicated is utter crap. I've used Android on Nexus and the native camera app is very simple and clean so your argument may apply into certain devices such as a Samsung or other non Nexus devices. There's plethora of camera apps on Android that one can choose from, you're not stuck with just one. I still get confused when people say Android is complicated. What's so complicated? Everything is so straight forward if you don't tamper with the OS and keep it stock. The issue is people don't understand the difference between stock Android and customized Android by various OEMs.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I going to revive an old thread, to add my two cents. I see this question asked from time to time.
It all depends upon your needs. If you’re engrained in Apples ecosystem, than the iPhone makes most sense.
Some people like to tinker with their phones, that’s where Android comes in.
I am one of those that is engrained in Apples ecosystem.
I have an Apple TV, and my 8 Plus. And several movies and tv shows with iTunes.
My plan is to get a Mac soon, and the iPhone works for my needs.
I had Android in the past, and don’t feel the need to tinker or customize my phone.
I leave the tinkering for my Jeep Wrangler.
With that said, I also have a Chromecast Ultra and I use several Google Apps on my 8 Plus.

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to say just one thing....you are already in an apple forum so you have already made up your mind.. soo go and buy an apple product.

We actually have plenty of users here who cross platforms. If you have any advice to give please feel free to share it.

Sunaina Singh

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
From my personal experience with both the platforms I can say only thing to keep it short....That is IOS is safer than ANDROID and you get regular updates without fail.. NO skin over the original IOS but in android Different brands uses different skins over the Original OS.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
We actually have plenty of users here who cross platforms. If you have any advice to give please feel free to share it.
True story. Despite having a MacBook Pro, Apple TV, iPad Pro, Series IV Apple Watch and AirPods.... I'd rather use an Android for my mobile phone at present. That whole, "if you have other Apple devices you should have an iPhone" thing is so far from fact. Lol

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
True story. Despite having a MacBook Pro, Apple TV, iPad Pro, Series IV Apple Watch and AirPods.... I'd rather use an Android for my mobile phone at present. That whole, "if you have other Apple devices you should have an iPhone" thing is so far from fact. Lol

I think there’s definitely value in sticking with a single platform (as I do) but it’s far from a requirement, especially with services extending across platforms these days. At the end of the day it’s up to each use case and finding the platform—or combination of platforms—that works best for that individual.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Find out what your friends and family use, go with the majority !
This can make life easier, particularly with iMessage in the mix.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to know how well does your Apple Watch work with your android phone?
It doesn't. But, I stopped taking notifications on my Apple watch a little while ago and have been using it for the health aspects only. Then, I have a 16GB iPhone SE that I use to keep the watch synced and updated.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73