How do I get Apple TV(in living room) on DVD player(in bedroom)?

I

iMore Question

I have Apple TV hooked up in my living room but want to use it on my DVD player that's in my bedroom. Charter said i can through wifi but I can't seem to get the internet connected to the DVD player? Please help!

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I have Apple TV hooked up in my living room but want to use it on my DVD player that's in my bedroom. Charter said i can through wifi but I can't seem to get the internet connected to the DVD player? Please help!

I don't believe it's possible to route the Apple TV to a television it's not directly connected to.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
AppleTV needs to be connected via HDMI. Its connection to the internet can be wireless but its connection to your television cannot be.

I'm confused as to why you would want to route your AppleTV through your DVD player in the first place. There's really no value in doing that, that I can think of.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
AppleTV needs to be connected via HDMI. Its connection to the internet can be wireless but its connection to your television cannot be.

I'm confused as to why you would want to route your AppleTV through your DVD player in the first place. There's really no value in doing that, that I can think of.
e
If it's a DVD with recording ability, it would have inputs... or, some external devices are capable of acting as a hub with switchable inputs...

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
e
If it's a DVD with recording ability, it would have inputs... or, some external devices are capable of acting as a hub with switchable inputs...

Always a possibility. We have a sound bar that acts as an HDMI hub. What's interesting here is that OP is trying to do it wirelessly based on advice from his cable provider (LOL).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen