My iphone 6 battery percentage is misleading?

I

iMore Question

My iphone would be charged at a 100% and then with about an hour or so of usage will drop to about 70% ish, and all of a sudden it would turn of with an Icon saying I need to charge. And then i'll charge it, it'll turn back on and the battery percentage would be at 80%. Now this doesn't just happen at 70% but it fluctuates to any random percentage of charge. Now you'll say just replace the battery and it'll be fine but I already replaced the battery and I reset it twice. And i'm not able to drain the battery out because I never know the actual percentage of the battery and i'm still having the same issues. What is wrong with it and what do I need to do?? Can someone please help me. Its about two years old and its on verizon.

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone 6s has also starting playing up in its battery percentage reporting although not as drastically as yours.

Probably worth starting a support question with Apple. That's what I did and they can run diagnostics with you

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You can try calibrating it by draining it to 1%, then charge it up to 100%. If that doesn't work, the battery is most likely wearing out. You would soon need a new battery or upgrade.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
My iphone would be charged at a 100% and then with about an hour or so of usage will drop to about 70% ish, and all of a sudden it would turn of with an Icon saying I need to charge. And then i'll charge it, it'll turn back on and the battery percentage would be at 80%. Now this doesn't just happen at 70% but it fluctuates to any random percentage of charge. Now you'll say just replace the battery and it'll be fine but I already replaced the battery and I reset it twice. And i'm not able to drain the battery out because I never know the actual percentage of the battery and i'm still having the same issues. What is wrong with it and what do I need to do?? Can someone please help me. Its about two years old and its on verizon.

1st question that comes to mind is, who replaced your battery? You? If so, where did you buy the battery? If (hypothesis) it was you and you purchased from a 3rd party then you probably got a bad battery.

2nd thing that comes to mind is, if you replaced it with Apple Care, I am sure they have a warranty period.

But in my experience, you have a bad battery. You can try and calibrate it but it won't let you because it won't drain to "true" 1%.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen