What does "input sources" on the Touch Bar actually do?

I

iMore Question

You can customise the Touch Bar, and one of the keys you can add is called "input sources". I thought this would let me swap the input languages, but all it does is show me the language I'm currently using and when I click on it, expecting to be able to change the language, nothing really happens. I've set up Russian and Spanish ISO as alternatives, by the way.

Thanks for any help in advance!

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
You can customise the Touch Bar, and one of the keys you can add is called "input sources". I thought this would let me swap the input languages, but all it does is show me the language I'm currently using and when I click on it, expecting to be able to change the language, nothing really happens. I've set up Russian and Spanish ISO as alternatives, by the way.

Thanks for any help in advance!

I just played around with it to see what I could figure out. I added the azerty keyboard and the Spanish ISO. When I click on the US in the Touch Bar it changes it between the 3 keyboards. Of course the keys are fixed on the MBP keyboard, but the layout when typing shows the actual layout I selected.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2