Brightness higher than normal

Tech198

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
What's with Apple products at of late ?

It seems iPhone, and Mac's, when u turn them on, Apple increases the brightness 75% looks like it before it dims to backlight of keyboard..

Anyone know why Apple does this ? Is it to just show of how good a display it is or what ? I have noticed with certain updates as well, the brightness changes (gets dimmer or brighter), so I dunno what Apple is playing at.

I would think even if the screen is lit at boot, and no blacklight on keyboard yet because the OS is not loaded, it doesn't need to be *that* bright does it ?

The same is true with iPhone's as well, and DFU mode.

Anyone have any clues? It irritates me somewhat, because it blinds me sometimes every time i boot up, or turn on Iphone/tablet, i need to squint, until it dims.. Can this be even adjusted as its outside the OS.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know and really haven't noticed. Having said that, do you have to stare at the screen the entire time while your device is booting? I mean, if it is as bright as you claim, you will still know when you've gotten to the lock screen even if you divert your gaze elsewhere.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Brightness is controlled by the OS so it needs to boot up to that part of the code before it can adjust the brightness to your settings.

Tech198

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
I don't know and really haven't noticed. Having said that, do you have to stare at the screen the entire time while your device is booting? I mean, if it is as bright as you claim, you will still know when you've gotten to the lock screen even if you divert your gaze elsewhere.

True ,, i was just wondering why it needs to be that bright in the first place...

I could understand if was say 50%, but i have noticed after several security updates, Apple has brightened it up..

I'm not asking why its bright,,,, as i know it needs to adjust,,, I'm asking why it gets brighter after updates are applied..

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
True ,, i was just wondering why it needs to be that bright in the first place...

I could understand if was say 50%, but i have noticed after several security updates, Apple has brightened it up..

I'm not asking why its bright,,,, as i know it needs to adjust,,, I'm asking why it gets brighter after updates are applied..

I think the brightness is the same. They did do something to the screen in a recent update to make it better. It gave it a brighter appearance. Maybe that's it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods