New iPad asks for passcode.

I

iMore Question

As a brand new iPad it doesn't have a passcode. How do I get around this so I can sync with old iPad

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.

It is obviously not a new iPad if it is asking for a passcode. Here is a guide by Apple on how to reset the passcode. But you will still require your Apple ID & password after. And agaian that would be another indication that it was not new. My best suggestion would be to return it to wherever you bought it as I am positive it is not new if it is asking for a passcode upon the initial setup. Are sure it wasn't asking you to setup a passcode? Thanks!

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Contact wherever you bought it from and get them to solve this issue. New iPads don't come passcode locked. That's up to the user to set one

G.4

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.

It is obviously not a new iPad if it is asking for a passcode. Here is a guide by Apple on how to reset the passcode. But you will still require your Apple ID & password after. And agaian that would be another indication that it was not new. My best suggestion would be to return it to wherever you bought it as I am positive it is not new if it is asking for a passcode upon the initial setup. Are sure it wasn't asking you to setup a passcode? Thanks!

Agreed. It may have been asking you to set up a passcode of your own.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice