i lost my iphone..i have a few questions.

I

iMore Question

My iphone 6s ios 10 was stolen two months ago..after which i put it into lost mode and blacklisted it.it was switched on 4 days ago and i received an email saying lost mode enabled and sound was played on your iphone. i received a location and informed the police. now its offline again and says lost mode pending again.. and also shows an orange lost mode written on the top left corner of the icloud page. I'm confused as to what it means, please help me.has the phone been connected to wifi or no?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't mean anything except that the device is in lost mode. Someone powered it on, saw that they were unable to gain access beyond the lock screen, and then either powered it off or attempted to restore it. If you enabled the Find My iPhone feature on the device as well as have your wireless carrier blacklist the IMEI then it is unlikely the person who is now in possession of it will be able to use it. I'm assuming there's a police report of the incident. With that in mind, if you had any form of insurance on the device, use it and get a replacement device. If you've already gotten a replacement device via insurance then be done with the issue and be extra careful with your replacement device.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
It was connected to data when it was turned on because you were able to get a location. There really isn't more to say about it. Your iCloud says lost mode because you put the phone in lost mode. That means your device is locked so no one can access your personal info &  Pay is deactivated.

Tech198

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
I believe the IMEI blacklist can be reserved in some cases... but not always..

Chances are even if the phone is found, u can no longer use it because of the backlist..

I would have just put it in lost mode and be done with it, as that alone is better, at least hey can't use it, but once u find it again u still can.

Perhaps the worry was if they put another SIM in. but 'lost mode' is tired to account, no to handset. It only *says* the phone has been lost and do these things, and Activation lock is only tired to phone. If u can restore it, it would still need connection, and the instate lost mode.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods