password

I

iMore Question

I thought my finger print was all I needed now what? There were to many fingers in the pot trying to set up on Christmas day now I cant even get to turn on keeps putting me to 15 min wait...HELP

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Did you go to settings > touch ID and passcode > add a fingerprint and follow directions?

72ceb86c34caaf0b20dea6e46589e12a.png

Are you saying you can not get in your phone? If so, and you don't know the passcode, you will have to restore the phone connected to iTunes in DFU mode. There's no other way. None. And then, you will need your Apple ID and password to set it up.
Register in and let us help you more.

scampinig

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Effectively as indicated you, if you can not access the iphone, you will need to restore it, you have to have your id and password for Itunes. You'll have to put the phone in dfu mode and then connect it to Itunes. If you don't know how to do it on YouTube there are many videos, but it is something basic to put in DFU mode keep pressed power button simultaneously and reader tracks how many 15 seconds, count 15 seconds release the botos's power by pressing and holding for 10 seconds fingerprint reader, spent that time you should appear on the screen of the iphone image cable and connect to Itunes message connect to itunes and it will indicate you that you restore the iphone. That is 99% sure that you lose all your data, unless you have a backup in Icloud

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I thought my finger print was all I needed now what? There were to many fingers in the pot trying to set up on Christmas day now I cant even get to turn on keeps putting me to 15 min wait...HELP

Something's not right here. The setup for TouchID is as straightforward as can be and it clearly states that before you can set up Touch ID, you need to create a passcode for your device. The passcode is a fallback in case your fingerprint doesn't register, whether due to injury, sweat, dirt and grease, etcetera. Having said that, after the 15 minutes have passed, enter the correct lock screen passcode. If you or any of the "too many fingers in the pot" can't recall that passcode then your only option is to restore the device to its native state. Even then, if the iCloud Activation Lock has been enabled, you will be prompted to enter that passcode as well before you're able to use the iPhone so have it ready.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234