can i bypass activation lock on found iphone 6s?

I

iMore Question

iphone 6s was found. Left on for 2 weeks. Phone displayed communications (various messages but non about lost phone). Finally phone died. 6 months have passed and a friend thought they could reset the phone and unlock it. Now the phone starts up in factory reset mode but stops at activation lock screen tied to apple id. Can this phone be unlocked?

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
No it cannot be bypassed and in reality you should be contacting local police to try and attempt to find the owner.
Failing that you should take it to the carrier store as they will be able to track via the SIM card number.

That phone could be someones whole life and I'm sure that everyone on the forums will support me when I say you shouldn't be keeping it.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! As others have stated, the activation lock can literally not be bypassed and the phone doesn't belong to you. You should hand it over to the police.

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Echo what others have said, turn it in to the police or the network operator and let them trace its owner.

It's of no use to you as you won't bypass the lock.

The obvious thing would have been to hand it in to police network operator while it was still active when you first found it. That would have been my course of action

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro