i have dust + huge air bubbles under my tempered glass screen protector

I

iMore Question

hi, I recently got an iphone 5s for my birthday with an Oscar brand tempered glass protector (not attached). when we put it on there was a tiny air bubble, now there is many air bubbles and dust under the glass.
do you know why that might be or how to fix it?

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
For screen protectors you have to make sure that you are in a dust free room before trying to install them. I put mine on in the bathroom after running the hot water and making the bathroom stuffy to try and get rid of any particles in the air.

Usually you are able to work the air bubbles out with a credit card or something similar. It may just take some time.

Since I am not sure of the quality of your screen protector what I am about to say is something that if you do it you are doing at YOUR OWN RISK. You could go into a dust free room and remove the screen protector and use tape or dust removers to try and remove the dust particles and try to reapply it to your phone after also cleaning your phone. If you don't want to do that then the only other option is to order another screen protector.

CyreneK

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
I recommend clearing the screen with a microfiber cloth, followed by applying masking tape from a lint roller over the screen to pick up any remaining dust particles. Then apply the glass protector. But you pretty much only get one try. Once you try to lift it, the adhesive won't stick again in the corner you lifted it from.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73