Game center not receiving friend requests?

I

iMore Question

I have two iPad minis for my daughters. I'm trying to set up their Game Center so that they can play each other in some of their games. I cannot get either one to receive the friend request (or a friend request I have sent them). I've tried with all restrictions turned "off" and have the Game Center options checked to be able to receive friend requests. Any help?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! This is now done from within the game apps. There should be a game center option in the participating games.
Here's one in Ball Hop Bowling. Tap the game center icon, and all you need is there.

5644e97d2ade56dbc8e1c4206e95b18a.jpg

Lee Rickard

Dec 23, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure that is it. The game doesn't give me that option (Hill Climber 2). Also, if you only connect through the individual game app, why is there an "add friend" option in Game Center?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure that is it. The game doesn't give me that option (Hill Climber 2). Also, if you only connect through the individual game app, why is there an "add friend" option in Game Center?

Are you talking about game center in settlngs? I don't see an add friend option in settings. Are you on iOS 10? If so, there is no more game center app.

Lee Rickard

Dec 23, 2016
Visit site
Ok, now I'm really confused! When I check the iPad version, it says iOS 9.3.5 and "your software is up to date".

It sounds like my problem with game center is that I'm running an incompatible OS. But now my next question is why my iPad is running an older OS and saying I'm "up to date". Sorry, I'm not an Apple guy.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok, now I'm really confused! When I check the iPad version, it says iOS 9.3.5 and "your software is up to date".

It sounds like my problem with game center is that I'm running an incompatible OS. But now my next question is why my iPad is running an older OS and saying I'm "up to date". Sorry, I'm not an Apple guy.

If it's an older iPad, it may not support iOS 10.

The list of devices that are not compatible with the latest iOS include:
The iPad with Retina Display (3rd Gen) and older 9.7-inch iPads.
The iPad Mini.
The iPod Touch 5th-generation and older iPod Touch models.
The iPhone 4S and older iPhone models.

If 9.3.5 is the latest it supports, then it will say "up to date". For that device.

darius_robin

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I have two iPad minis for my daughters.

Looks like your iPad minis are the first generation ones, which do not support iOS 10, and therefore still have Game Center, which iOS 10 doesn't.

If you had the second generation (like me) or further, it would support iOS 10.

Attachments

• IMG_0100.PNG
    IMG_0100.PNG
    184.2 KB · Views: 277

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW