Apple iPhone Photos eating up my storage (7 plus iOS 10.2 -beta upgrades)

I

iMore Question

I have 16,000 iPhone photos, uploaded to the iCloud. Optimize iPhone storeage is checked as "ON" on my iPhone in settings. Problem is these same photos used to take around 20GB on my 64 GB iPhone 6 plus. With my 128GB iPhone 7 plus, the photos keep expanding to fill all the "EXTRA" room on my iPhone. In 4 days the photos have expanded from 52.3GB to 58.3GB. Today I have only 21GB of free space on my 128GB iPhone.
The iPhone is expanding the size of the "current" thumbnails as it sees a lot of free space on the iPhone, and there is no way to turn it off or limit the expansion that I see.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have 16,000 iPhone photos, uploaded to the iCloud. Optimize iPhone storeage is checked as "ON" on my iPhone in settings. Problem is these same photos used to take around 20GB on my 64 GB iPhone 6 plus. With my 128GB iPhone 7 plus, the photos keep expanding to fill all the "EXTRA" room on my iPhone. In 4 days the photos have expanded from 52.3GB to 58.3GB. Today I have only 21GB of free space on my 128GB iPhone.
The iPhone is expanding the size of the "current" thumbnails as it sees a lot of free space on the iPhone, and there is no way to turn it off or limit the expansion that I see.

Do you need more than 21gb free space? If not, I wouldn't worry about it. The system will take care of the storage as needed.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox