iPhone 7: AppleCare+ or T-Mobile Premium Handset Protection or both?

I

iMore Question

I am planning on upgrading my T-Mobile phone to an iPhone 7 and would like to know which insurance plan most consumers buy for this phone. Do most people purchase both AppleCare+ and T-Mobile's Premium Handset Protection or only one of them? Please share your reviews or experiences with dealing these insurance plans. Thanks!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
re:

I'm not a T Mobile customer but in my experience you'd only get both if you're worried about your device being lost or stolen. Typically carrier insurance plans are more expensive but come with the reassurance that if your device is lost or stolen you can pay a deductible and get a replacement. AppleCare+ is the better value but it doesn't cover lost or stolen. I personally only go with AppleCare+. *Knock on wood* my device being lost or stolen isn't a concern for me so it makes sense to save that money and only worry about the accidental damage and mechanical failure possibilities.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm with Quis, I'd go with the Apple Care. Although my experience with the 3 companies involved has all been good. Apple is excellent, probably THE best customer support in the tech business. T-Mobile is probably the best customer support in the mobile wireless industry, HOWEVER it's not really T-Mobile who provides their insurance its a company called Asurion. That being said Asurion is pretty good, but often their deductibles are pretty high, but they handle claims quickly and professionally and they go the extra mile for example often sending you extra cases and accessories.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal