iPhone messaging and multiple devices.

I

iMore Question

Hello. I am using a phone that is "not a iPhone". The person I am texting has an iphone and has it set up to go to multiple devices. If I text the person on their cellphone using my phone (again which is not an iPhone ) will my message go to just "their number" or will it go to all their apple devices ? Thanks.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Since you are texting from something other than an iPhone it will only go to the other persons phone. Only iMessages go to all the other devices.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Since you are texting from something other than an iPhone it will only go to the other persons phone. Only iMessages go to all the other devices.

If they have text message forwarding set up from their phone to their devices it will. I get them on my iPad from people who don't have iPhones.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Yesterday, a friend sent me a message from her iPad (she does not have a cell phone). I got the message on my iPad, but not on my iPhone. Is there something I need to do in order to receive messages on both devices?

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday, a friend sent me a message from her iPad (she does not have a cell phone). I got the message on my iPad, but not on my iPhone. Is there something I need to do in order to receive messages on both devices?

In Setting-Messages make sure you have your phone number and your email set up to send and receive from.