I received MS Office Home and Student as a gift and was wondering if I should install it.

Questions-

Do I open myself up to any security risks using it?

Can Pages open a word document? (And vice versa)

We are a Windows and Mac household.
    12-03-2016 04:42 AM
    I would say go ahead and install. I don't think there would be any security problems. I assume (uhoh) that you intend to install on the PC and not the Mac.

MS single apps are available for IOS and they tend to be better quality wise than the same app on WM.

See what the consensus is from other posters. I have PC office and individual apps on my 6s+ and have no problems.
    12-03-2016 06:53 AM
    I would say yes istall it.
    Last edited by ayoubsaidi55; 12-03-2016 at 04:16 PM.
    aximtreo likes this.
    12-03-2016 11:15 AM
    I received MS Office Home and Student as a gift and was wondering if I should install it.
    What's the hold up?

Questions-

Do I open myself up to any security risks using it?
    Unless you plan on receiving infected files or something then the answer is "no".
    Can Pages open a word document? (And vice versa)
    Yes

We are a Windows and Mac household.
    Cool...
    SwitchBeach and aximtreo like this.
    12-03-2016 09:01 PM
    Just to be clear, we are asking about installing MS Home & Student 2011 for Macintosh.

We do have it installed on our Windows computer was just wondering if there was any advantage to having it on the Mac as well; or is it just redundant??

Our Mac is a laptop so if not really needed the space saving is always nice though not critical.

Hope I explained it better this time.

Thank you.
    12-04-2016 05:44 AM
    (I've merged your two threads)

The advantage is that you can use Office on your Mac. Functionally there's really no difference.

Please join the forum and reply back within this thread rather than creating new threads. Thanks. How to Sign Up at iMore
    12-04-2016 06:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD