Retina, Non retina

I

iMore Question

Hey everyone. I am considering in buying a new macbook. Considering the prices I am interested in the 13 inch macbook air and the 12 inch macbook. I have no idea what to pick. The thing that doubt me about the air is that it doesnt have the retina display. As a normal user, sometimes i watch movies on a laptop. Is that retina display a big pro in favour of the 12 macbook?
(excuse my english, not a native english speaker)
Thanks!

rchacko

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
There are a few considerations. First, the screen is very important (I love the Retina's added real estate). But, there are a number of issues that might arise using the Macbook. First, how particular are you about the typing experience? The shallow key travel on butterfly switches takes a bit of time to get used to. Second, are you ok with the mobile processor found in the Macbook (do you happen to have any computationally intensive tasks to perform?) If neither apply, then the Macbook is a solid (albeit somewhat expensive choice). There is something to be said about a laptop light enough to be comparable to a tablet :) Hope that helps!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2