How can I select LTE bands to use on my iPad Air 2

I

iMore Question

Hi there!

A carrier in my city is offering LTE Advanced service on Band 5 and Band 40. LTE Band 40 seems to provide a much better performance.

I have an unlocked iPad Air 2 so all LTE bands can be used. When I inserted the SIM card from that carrier, I get only very poor performance like 0.5 Mb/s download and 0.2 Mb/s upload speed. I suspect that I am connected using LTE Band 5 but I am not really sure...

How can I check what are the LTE bands and capabilities (LTE Advanced, VoLTE, etc) of the carrier I am connected to?

I tried an LTE info app from the App Store but it's pretty much useless as it only shows generic information about LTE, and not the actual LTE I am connected to.

I read that there is a engineering/diagnostic screen available on iPhone but how can I access such a screen in an iPad?

Thanks.

Ak5hay

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Try speedtest dot net or nperf dot com, they have apps also. You can try opening it in Google Chrome application, request desktop site and check your speed and information. Thanks, feel free to ask any other assistance or clarifications that we could help you with.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh