Chinese Calendar Events

Anyone know the purpose of these?
Safety of clicking decline?
b8f4ca8cd3727459f39b1a37891e6160.jpg

jorgem817

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Chinese Calendar Events

It should be okay hitting decline but I think you'd be better off finding the source of the invitation. Most likely it's an auto invite imported from your email. If so, I would block it or mark it as spam in your email and you'll probably stop getting them.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

That sounds like a good plan, except it wasn't actually sent as an email to my iCloud address; therefor I cannot block it.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
re:

Yea sounds like the spammers are trying to get clever. I would probably ignore it. Are you able to delete it at all? Declining might validate that you are a good future target. I'm not sure if it's like answering a spam call, which lets them know they got a valid line and thus causes more calls, OR worse pressing 1 to be removed that lets them know a person answers the phone. Not sure about declines BUT I suspect that they may be able to see it was declined. Ignore and delete might be best.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I would like too avoid and delete the invite, but I cannot find a way to accomplish that. I can only choose one the three options OR let the badge app icon remain there.

jorgem817

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site

This link worked. To remove the current invites without declining create a temporary calendar, I called it spam, them move all the spam invites to it. Then delete that calendar.

To prevent future invitations log into iCloud.com and change your invitations setting from push notification to email. Then you should be able to block the emails, or mark them as spam. But they shouldn't spam your calendar anymore.

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site

This link worked. To remove the current invites without declining create a temporary calendar, I called it spam, them move all the spam invites to it. Then delete that calendar.

To prevent future invitations log into iCloud.com and change your invitations setting from push notification to email. Then you should be able to block the emails, or mark them as spam. But they shouldn't spam your calendar anymore.

Right i went ahead and changed the "best answer" ;)

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

This workaround works well. It is odd that I had to login to iCloud.com and create a "Spam" calendar and then use my iPhone to move the event invite to the "Spam" calendar.

Thanks for all the help!

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site

This workaround works well. It is odd that I had to login to iCloud.com and create a "Spam" calendar and then use my iPhone to move the event invite to the "Spam" calendar.

Thanks for all the help!

For sure it's just a workaround! I still encourage you (and you probably already did) and anyone having this problem to use that feedback link that I provide so Apple might actually fix this! :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro