Faces Album iOS 10

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
After downloading iOS 10 i notice the Faces album within the photos app is not working correctly.

Firstly i notice that there seems to be no compatibility with iCloud so you have to manually organise each face on each device which is very time consuming

Secondly I notice that the facial recognition feature on the faces album is not doing a good job as its not matching all the faces of each person for example there was a number of faces from a particular person it didn't match even though it should have so I had to do it manually.

Thirdly I notice that even though I am using iCloud photo library and all my photos are showing on all my devices for whatever reason the faces album doesnt seem to have the same amount of photos on each device for example after all photos are matched person 1 may have 314 photos on iPhone but that same person may have 330 on iPad and 400 on mac.

Is anyone else having these same problems I am or has anyone got a fix for them

Thanks

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I just checked mine and it's off a little from device to device but I'm also running a beta on one of them, so who knows. Plus it's not that big of a deal for me, so I didn't care to look into it.

Last edited:

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
ok at least its not just me who experiencing problems. I think apple should make the faces album work with iCloud so any organisations you do on mac will copy to all other device without having to do it manually on each device as its very tiresome

JustMeWhoElse

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Named Faces do not sync to other devices or computers. Apples' privacy reasons.

So if you name faces of 1500 photos in your iPhone , Apple expects people to do the same thing on their Mac, iPad etc… Apple thinks this is "just works".

So for me, I have to name Faces for a day on my iPhone 7+, next day I have to do the same thing on iMac, next day the same thing on my MacBook Pro, and another day for my iPad - all using the same appleID - gosh forbid I take some photos in between on my iPhone.

Apple thinks this is a good idea.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Yes I'm the same but it takes a long time. Secondly do you notice on all your devices are each of your totlacmaount of photos matching in correct number as I may have 400 for person a on iPad but person a on iPhone or mac mayvbe 410 even though I've the same amount of photos on all devices

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Do you see a difference in counts on each of your devices for each person. Like person a on iPhone has 328 but iPad has 333 yet all the same photos are there for person a on iPad too but yet it's saying there is more it's wierd

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73