Two-Step and Two-Factor for two different Apple IDs?

luis_sant21

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site
I have two Apple IDs. An old iTunes account where I use for purchases in Family Sharing (just my wife and I uses it). The other one is my iCloud account (with my email, contacts, iCloud Drive, etc.). I activated Two-Factor Authentication for my iCloud account with my iPhone. The only extra security i see for my iTunes account (if I log in through a browser) is Two-Step Authentication.

I believe that my question would be: can I safely use both accounts using both security options (2FA and 2SA)? How would using Two-Step in my iTunes account affect the purchases my wife does? Also, I have an Apple TV (3rd Gen) where I see my purchases using my iTunes account. Does Two-step affect the use of my Apple TV (or future Apple TVs)?

I've searched everywhere, but I just can't find a definitive answer (if it's in the iMore forums and I haven't found it).

Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Both authentication methods will not have any effect on the use of your TV or anything else. I mean, it's an extra layer of protection against unauthorized use. As long as you and your wife know the passcode and can receive any authentication codes, things will be fine.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234