General Hotspot Questions

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I've got a couple of questions relating to the sharing of my iPhone's 4G connection via Personal Hotspot.

I'm often at a location where my phone is only able to keep a solid 4G connection in a certain, small area of the building. I therefore keep my iPhone there while connecting my iPad via Hotspot. This works great and I have no issues. However, is there a way to keep my iPad connected even after pressing the Sleep/Wake button and a period of inactivity? I'm always having to go into settings and reconnect once I wake my device. Ideally I'd like the connection to stay active to ensure emails, iMessage etc are received on the iPad at all times.

Apple TV streaming via Hotspot. I've tried this and it works exactly how I'd want it to. Such a good feature! My question relates to data usage. If I stream a 2GB movie on my iPhone and AirPlay to the Apple TV, will I use the 2GBs of data only, or does that double to 4GB, 2GB to stream to my iPhone and another 2GB to send it via AirPlay to my Apple TV? Hopefully I've explained that clearly enough. I'm hoping the Apple TV is only using the Hotspot as a method of speaking to my device, but I'm unsure how AirPlay works?

Jeroen7

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Airplay works over wifi, so that won't cost you extra data as it's an internal network you create. Not sure about the apple tv burning up extra data as it tries to connect to the internet for pictures and extra content.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73