How can I delete the Touch ID and Enter passcode on my phone?

I

iMore Question

Having to use a passcode is time consuming and I didn't even have it on my phone until the latest update.

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
So you do not want your device or it's contents protected at all? Well, if you really wish it to be completely unsecured, go to Settings > Touch ID and Passcode. Tap "Turn Passcode off". That will disable both the passcode and Touch ID.

I strongly recommend against doing so!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused. The thread title asks, 'how can I delete the TouchID and enter a passcode on my phone?' Yet, the post therein indicates that you find entering a passcode time consuming and that you didn't.t even have one set until the last update. Please join the iMore Forums and reply in this thread with a better explanation of what you need help with. Also, if you didn't have what I assume is a lock screen passcode prior to updating your device, a passcode should not be miraculously set on it afterwards.

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused. The thread title asks, 'how can I delete the TouchID and enter a passcode on my phone?' Yet, the post therein indicates that you find entering a passcode time consuming and that you didn't.t even have one set until the last update. Please join the iMore Forums and reply in this thread with a better explanation of what you need help with. Also, if you didn't have what I assume is a lock screen passcode prior to updating your device, a passcode should not be miraculously set on it afterwards.

I believe the OP meant How can I delete the "Touch ID" and "Enter passcode" on my phone? As in how can I disable both.

Definitely more info needed, as you say.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods