What iPad Air 2 should I get for my 11 year old son

I

iMore Question

I am not sure if I should get him the 64GB. I think 32 would be enough, but don't want to get the wrong device as it is quite pricey and I am a single mom. I want it to last, but with all the new releases, I feel it will be obsolete sooner rather than later anyhow.

My son loves gaming and does the majority on a pc, but can see how he would like to game more on the ipad if he gets it. Other than that, he may download some music and take some pictures, but he is only 11 years old.

I can also add dropbox or google drive to add storage if needed...

Any parents out there with suggestions? Much appreciated!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The 32 GB model should be more than enough in regard to storage space, in my opinion. I'm sure you'll be monitoring his activities as well as setting certain restrictions via the Restrictions settings...

cisneroscad

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
If he is going to use it for games I would agree that 32 should be more than enough. If you buy a lot of digital movies I would suggest you going to 64 or even 128. I think for a kid the mini is even a better option.

I know the Apple products are pricey that's why I always check the refurbished section. The warranty on refurbished items is the same as new items, sometime you even get them in the original package and sometimes they come in a white box.

Refurbished iPad - Apple Certified, 1-Year Warranty - Apple

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods