Why am I unable to move messages to mailbox trash in iOS 10?

I

iMore Question

Ever since I upgraded to iOS 10.0.2. when I try to delete some emails (but not all for some reason) I get the message 'Unable to move Message The message could not be moved to mailbox trash.
I have tried rebooting my iPhone 6, Reset network settings, turned off Organize by thread. But still getting same message.
I'd appreciate any help!

Thanks,
Brian G

anon(9760316)

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

That's on the built-in Mail app, right? Have you updated to iOS 10.1.1? You could try that first. And what kind of account is it you are having issues with? iCloud, Gmail, Hotmail? Or is it across multiple accounts?

bg3112

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Sorry for the delay in replying, had to set up my account.

Yes, it is using the built in Mail app. My email is running through Outlook.live.com.
I did update to 10.1.1. yesterday but I still cannot delete some of the emails form the previous few days. So far today, I have not received the Unable to move to trash message so I am hopeful that it may be fixed going forward.

G.4

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have this same issue on iOS 10.2 beta 1, but only on my iPad which adds to the mystery. There is one email from August that I cannot get to go away. It's very frustrating

anon(9760316)

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Ok, so if it's only one account affected you could try to delete the account and re-add it, like "willboyce" did, that usually sorts out a lot of issues with the Mail app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711