• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

My son got a second hand iPad and it's locked to the previous owner's Apple ID and can't use it. Help.

I

iMore Question

My son got a second hand iPad and it's locked to the previous owner's Apple ID and can't use it. Help.

My son got a second hand apple ipad pro a is lock to old oweners apple ide

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: My son got a second hand ipad and its lock to the owenes apple ide and i cant use it noe

Then without the old owners cooperation, there is NOTHING any of us can do for you in regard to the situation. Get with the old owner and have him or her disable the iCloud Activation Lock. That is your only option. Period!

thepittsmn

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Do a google search and get details on how to restore ipad. You will have to plug unit in a computer and go thru itunes to restore. It's what I did when it kept asking for a passcode that didn't exist.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Do a google search and get details on how to restore ipad. You will have to plug unit in a computer and go thru itunes to restore. It's what I did when it kept asking for a passcode that didn't exist.

That will not with respect to the iCloud Activation Lock.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramzesenok