Which colour iPhone should I buy? Black or Jet Black?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: which colour iphone should i buy ? black or jet black

Do you prefer shiny or matte color? Shiny- jet matte- black

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Since we don't know anything about you, I recommend that you get with people who knows you best (family members & dear friends) and have one of them choose the color for you.

whetrick1

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site

It's not a hard decision. The jet black smudges too much and the black looks good. Personal preference. So don't let anyone else make a decision for you. You should know which one that appeals to you .

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

It's not a hard decision.
To people like us, it isn't, but apparently to others, it is.
The jet black smudges too much and the black looks good. Personal preference.
So don't let anyone else make a decision for you. You should know which one that appeals to you .
Again, some people find choosing difficult and indeed may need someone else to chose for them.

agnxm

Nov 3, 2016
Visit site
i personally think (and as I've seen) the jet black one scratches really easily, but that makes no problem if youre gonna keep it in a case anyway. it's your choice, just choose the one that suits you more

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Let's face it, they're both awesome looking. Go to the store and ask them which ones they have in stock. That may make your decision for you. If they have both then go with your gut. You can't lose either way.

G.4

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have the Jet Black and I love it. That said, I saw the "matte" black version in the store and I thought it looked really cool too. One thing about the Jet Black is that it feels much better in the hand, a lot more grippy IMO. I use it without a case most of the time (70/30). It isn't scratched up yet either, and I've had it for about a month. I don't baby it, but I don't just throw it down or slide it across a table either. It is incorrect to say this phone scratches easier than the others. It is made from the same exact material. What it does is *show* scratches more than the other colors- similar to how a fine scratch would be more obvious on a shiny black car than it would on a silver car, for example. But if that bothers you, then get the matte black one. For me, I prefer the way it feels over the way it looks. PS- they both show finger prints much more than last year's colors, but the Jet Black has an oleophobic coating just like the display so they wipe off in an instant with any type of cloth.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR