How easy is it to learn Mac OS for somebody thats used to Microsoft Windows

I

iMore Question

Would love to own a Macbook pro in the future and was wondering how easy or difficult is it to learn Mac OS ?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion, the Mac operating system is easy to maneuver, but you've got to refrain from expecting certain things to be done in the same manner they are done on a Windows PC.

TrofeoLover

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
How easy or difficult it is depends on the person. Everybody learns at different rates, so in a sense, your question is invalid.

ROSES5682

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
There is a slight learning curve, as with anything new, but if the person is tech savvy I think they will find the transition fairly smooth.

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I had the same worry. I've been a Windows user since 1.1 in the late '80's, but my HP Envy Ultrabook broke, and the MacBook Air looked like a competent replacement. I've been sucked into the Apple ecosystem once device at a time, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch, and finally a MacBook Air. I've only been in Mac for a week, and I'm never going back (of course, I still have 5 Windows 10 machines in the house, and 40 at work, but...).

It was much easier than I thought it would be to switch over. About the only problems I've had is muscle memory. I keep hitting Control-C to copy rather than Command-C for example. Also, when you hit enter on a file, you rename it, not open it. Little stuff like that. Its been less than a week, and I'm already used to it.

There are a few quirks, but when you get to those, you start to realize that the Mac way of doing something makes more sense than the Windows way, you're just used to the Windows way.

I cannot recommend switching over more highly!

ToddHensley

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
If you search YouTube you will find many free tutorials, some specifically for people switching from Windows. They could help you make your decision before you switch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2