why is Siri draining my battery in iPhone 7 10.1

I

iMore Question

Ever since I upgraded to IOS 10 I have had problems with Siri draining my battery. I have an iPhone 7 with the latest update of 10.1.
I rarely use Siri. I rarely use my phone. I have my battery usage show "Last 24 Hours". Siri Audio has gone from 18% to 62%, which the battery usage is showing now, since around 2:00 pm this afternoon to now which is 10:00pm. I have not used my phone at all during this time. My battery is down to under 40%.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Is "Hey Siri" activated?
That drains battery since it has to constantly listen.

It shouldn't affect battery life that much though. I have Hey Siri enabled and use Siri at least a few times a day, yet Siri is sitting only at 1% of my total battery usage.

OP, I recommend resetting your iPhone and monitoring your usage for another 24 hours. If Siri is still misbehaving an iTunes restore might be in order.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
It shouldn't affect battery life that much though. I have Hey Siri enabled and use Siri at least a few times a day, yet Siri is sitting only at 1% of my total battery usage.

OP, I recommend resetting your iPhone and monitoring your usage for another 24 hours. If Siri is still misbehaving an iTunes restore might be in order.

Thanks for the info! I'm not using 'Hey Siri' so I thought of what would be logical haha!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
My husband was complaining that his phone was draining so we looked and it seems that the culprit is Siri Audio- 42% in the last 24 hours! He never uses Siri so this is odd. Rather than starting a new post Im adding on to this one!

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

darius_robin

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
My husband was complaining that his phone was draining so we looked and it seems that the culprit is Siri Audio- 42% in the last 24 hours! He never uses Siri so this is odd. Rather than starting a new post Im adding on to this one!

Since he doesn’t use it, turning it off completely would be a good solution.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

Rather than tossing a temporary band-aid on it (disabling Siri), you need to try and fix it. Disable Siri and then re-enable her. Go through the steps of setting her up. Then give it some time to see if it is still an issue. If it's no longer an issue then he can disable Siri. If it's still an issue, post back with more info so we can better assist you.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Rather than tossing a temporary band-aid on it (disabling Siri), you need to try and fix it. Disable Siri and then re-enable her. Go through the steps of setting her up. Then give it some time to see if it is still an issue. If it's no longer an issue then he can disable Siri. If it's still an issue, post back with more info so we can better assist you.

This makes good sense! I will work on this when I get ahold of his phone! He doesn't use Siri, but there are times when he does use voice dictation when texting, and occasionally on Maps. So it would be a pain to disable it completely! Thanks for your responses!