bought a i phone 6 from yard sale and was given the wrong pin to unlock screen

I

iMore Question

cant use iphone 6 due to lock screen. bought at a yard sale and was given the wrong pin

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi, welcome to iMore.

I'm so sorry to hear this.
It may not be what you want to hear but my advice is to set Apple devices up right before you pay for it. Just start the device, try to set it up with your own credentials. If you get asked for a pin or a password from the (previous) owner, you'll be able to ask it right away.

Having said that, your best and only option is to go back to where you bought it from and have the seller disable the pin and password and disable Find My iPhone too.

If you're not able to track down the seller then I'm afraid you've purchased a paperweight and there is not much to do about that.

If you have any further questions, please join our forum. We're happy to help.

Last edited:

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

Sure hope you can get the proper passcode or you are going to have a paper weight. Here is a guide by Apple on how to reset the passcode. You are still going to require the Apple ID and password. If you don't have it again it will be useless to you.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi, welcome to iMore.

I'm so sorry to hear this.
It may not be what you want to hear but my advice is to set Apple devices up right before you pay for it. Just start the device, try to set it up with your own credentials. If you get asked for a pin or a password from the (previous) owner, you'll be able to ask it right away.

Having said that, your best and only option is to go back to where you bought it from and have the seller disable the pin and password and disable Find My iPhone too.

If you're not able to track down the seller then I'm afraid you've purchased a paperweight and there is not much to do about that.

If you have any further questions, please join our forum. We're happy to help.

Even better, have the person who sold you the phone go to Settings > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. Make sure he or she does this right in front of you and that the process is complete before you leave. This will restore the device back to factory settings and ensure it isn't locked to someone else's Apple ID.

If there's any trouble ask for your money back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox