Give me one reason not to upgrade my 7plus to Pixel XL

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Guys, please give me at least one reason not to sell my matte black 7plus 128 GB and buy a Pixel XL?

The Pixel XL doesn't have IP67 water resistance. Vanilla Android is pretty boring. The only great thing about the Pixel/Pixel XL is the camera. Everything else is just "meh". I've been an Android user for years and the Pixel XL just doesn't "wow" me.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
You could be crazy like me and get an iPhone 7 Plus AND a Pixel XL!!!!! (Actually I settled on Pixel since I did not want to wait on an XL! lol :) )

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Yes, you are basically to-the-point, but this is not answer to my question. I asked for one reason to not to upgrade to Pixel XL. Just found one and that is, IP67 rating. This is a great feature and I have lost many phones to water damage. I am looking forward to more.

If your 7+ somehow is damaged by water, Apple can't help you out there. They don't cover water issues.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
If your 7+ somehow is damaged by water, Apple can't help you out there. They don't cover water issues.

TRUE, but getting caught in the rain, or a QUICK dunk and retrieval shouldn't kill your iPhone 7. Rene Ritchie actually tested this out a bit when first testing the new iPhones. :)

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes you are right. Give me one reason was basically just to start discussion. If there will be more it will be better. But anyway I think perhaps the Thing is on cannot or should not compare iPhone and android.
A good reason would be, that you are asking for reasons.

Every OS is different, no point in comparing. Give iPhone a good try and if you still miss your android, then sell it and buy a pixel.

Have a good day!

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
My coworkers often ask me for tech advice. When it comes to Android versus iOS I think it is simple. Do you want to be able to do anything, but have to figure it out: Android then. Do you want to pick up the phone and go OK that's how it works: iOS then.

They are both amazing operating systems, they just a different mantra behind their paradigm of thinking.

Also one good reason not to switch. If google makes you paranoid with how much they know about you.

Chemy JMHT

VR ******
Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I was thinking about what to buy and reading this I think If I already had the iPhone7 I will give it a try for months at least, the iPhone and the Pixels will be new, maybe the problems from today won't be a problem in a few weeks because of the updates or even the programs you will be able to install, I'm sure the Pixel's series will have some problems, it's new and untested massively, so give it a try, that's the only reason I found.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The Pixel is a mid-range phone being sold at a flagship price. I don't think it will sell all that well at its current price point and that Google will eventually lower it. Go with a OnePlus 3 (if you have a GSM carrier); it's a better phone and it's less expensive. Anyway, that's my two cents.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen