Give me one reason not to upgrade my 7plus to Pixel XL

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you're unhappy with your iPhone 7 Plus and want to get the Pixel XL instead then go for it. I'm sure you're mature enough to make an informed decision based on your likes/dislikes as well as your wants/needs.

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
If you're unhappy with your iPhone 7 Plus and want to get the Pixel XL instead then go for it. I'm sure you're mature enough to make an informed decision based on your likes/dislikes as well as your wants/needs.

No it's not like that. I have great respect for Apple products. They are well built and benchmark for industry.

I have been an android user. This is my first apple experience. There are many great things. People give better rating to android keyboard but I am liking iPhone's keyboard more despite punctuation is on the other page.

Thing is I am not being able to do my communication on my iPhone properly. This is alarming for me. I have gone through settings multiple times but in vain. Maybe I am used to android's notification system. But the reality is from day one my communication on android was top notch. I did not get to worry. Recently I was an expecting an inbox message on facebook but it did not come. But then came to know it is there since long. On android it is impossible.

If you have more than three widgets than basically your widgets are styles on iPhone. And how can I see my work emails on my email widget? I don't have any VIP. All my work emails are important.

And Apple maps is not available for my region. We are second biggest market of Ford outside USA and similar is the situation with Apple and iPhone in my region but still apple maps not available and I've been told this officially by Apple. Google maps integration with iPhone is inferior than androids.

And at the end of the day I have to do things on google search on an iPhone.

List of complaints is long but I am ready to give it more time since it's my first apple device.

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I use an iPhone 7. Today I received a Galaxy Core Prime from Tello.com so i could play Pokemon Go and not tie up my phone. Tello is pretty cool. For $16 per month I have 1gb of 4G which is more than needed for the game. Included are 100 min of voice and 200 texts which i wont use. But, the Android phone is everything bad I remember lol. Setting itup was a nightmare but it plays the game. Thats all that matters i guess.
But to answer your question, i think you should get the Pixel XL and enjoy! You can alwayscome back to the walled garden if you need to. ;)

whetrick1

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
What I said was nothing against the android operating system. I use to own nothing but android, but made the switch to the iPhone and I enjoy the IOS on iPhone better. Both system are great. It's just which one you like personally.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No it's not like that. I have great respect for Apple products. They are well built and benchmark for industry.

I have been an android user. This is my first apple experience. There are many great things. People give better rating to android keyboard but I am liking iPhone's keyboard more despite punctuation is on the other page.

Thing is I am not being able to do my communication on my iPhone properly. This is alarming for me. I have gone through settings multiple times but in vain. Maybe I am used to android's notification system. But the reality is from day one my communication on android was top notch. I did not get to worry. Recently I was an expecting an inbox message on facebook but it did not come. But then came to know it is there since long. On android it is impossible.

If you have more than three widgets than basically your widgets are styles on iPhone. And how can I see my work emails on my email widget? I don't have any VIP. All my work emails are important.

And Apple maps is not available for my region. We are second biggest market of Ford outside USA and similar is the situation with Apple and iPhone in my region but still apple maps not available and I've been told this officially by Apple. Google maps integration with iPhone is inferior than androids.

And at the end of the day I have to do things on google search on an iPhone.

List of complaints is long but I am ready to give it more time since it's my first apple device.

I understand, and your follow-up posts are helping to reiterate my initial reply. Your thread questions is asking for one reason to not upgrade from your iPhone 7 to the Pixel XL. That, in and of itself, tells us you're either unhappy with your iPhone or you think the Pixel XL is a better purchase. After that, you went on state the various irritations you're having with the iPhone while also praising your experience with Android. That's fine by me and again, get the device that best suits your wants/needs best. It doesn't matter which device it is as long as you're happy.

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
Yes, you are basically to-the-point, but this is not answer to my question. I asked for one reason to not to upgrade to Pixel XL. Just found one and that is, IP67 rating. This is a great feature and I have lost many phones to water damage. I am looking forward to more.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you are basically to-the-point, but this is not answer to my question. I asked for one reason to not to upgrade to Pixel XL. Just found one and that is, IP67 rating. This is a great feature and I have lost many phones to water damage. I am looking forward to more.

So the tread title should have read, "Please give me reasons why I should not leave the iPhone for the Pixel XL?" You specifically asked for "one" and you've admitted to getting "one" but now you're seeking more......C'mon dude, make up your mind...

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm also a long time Android user who has gotten her first iPhone. I am loving it so far. It is beautiful and a lot of features are just plain polished and smart.
Two annoyances are how iOS handles notifications (badly) and the snap to grid home screen that gives me no choice on how I want my screen to look. Oh and as per the ongoing discussion in another thread, the darkening of the wallpaper.
Those are minor things however and I'm very happy with my decision and enjoying my new phone!

I think you really should enjoy the ride for at least a year with your iPhone. I mean com'on you can't really know an OS thoroughly without some serious use. In the meantime the Pixel will still be there, with improvements too, and you can get one next year (and probably have a better experience than the first iteration) if you want to.

I just love phones, all of them. I've had a Windows phone ( Windows 8 - loved it) and lots of Androids, so it was time for iOS. Having fun and enjoying it! My recommendation is hang with it a while - it's really nice! But just my opinion of course.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Oh, and one more thing. I might just be an iPhone user permanently ( although hard to predict, not knowing what's up next in tech) because the pros are outweighing the cons so far.

And that Galaxy Core mentioned above by Ron7624 is not a good example of Android. Unlike iOS, Android is used by many different manufacturers and even within the same manufacturer many different models with different "tweaks." So it's an entirely different feel on a high end phone than a cheaper variant. Android is just not the same experience on every phone that uses it. Of course with Apple it is always the same, which is why so many love it. You gotta know what you're buying with Android! But when it's good, it's very good now days.

Sorry if I'm hijacking a thread, but really all that to say, go with your heart. You can't go wrong either way!

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
I'm also a long time Android user who has gotten her first iPhone. I am loving it so far. It is beautiful and a lot of features are just plain polished and smart.
Two annoyances are how iOS handles notifications (badly) and the snap to grid home screen that gives me no choice on how I want my screen to look. Oh and as per the ongoing discussion in another thread, the darkening of the wallpaper.
Those are minor things however and I'm very happy with my decision and enjoying my new phone!

I think you really should enjoy the ride for at least a year with your iPhone. I mean com'on you can't really know an OS thoroughly without some serious use. In the meantime the Pixel will still be there, with improvements too, and you can get one next year (and probably have a better experience than the first iteration) if you want to.

I just love phones, all of them. I've had a Windows phone ( Windows 8 - loved it) and lots of Androids, so it was time for iOS. Having fun and enjoying it! My recommendation is hang with it a while - it's really nice! But just my opinion of course.

Thanks for heads up. I am also really enjoying my iPhone. Maybe need to get used to it. And keyboard is just awesome. Fastest typing of my life on a phone happening right now from my iPhone default keyboard. And I believe my work emails are being saved like an outlook on computer. Awesome!

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
So the tread title should have read, "Please give me reasons why I should not leave the iPhone for the Pixel XL?" You specifically asked for "one" and you've admitted to getting "one" but now you're seeking more......C'mon dude, make up your mind...

Yes you are right. Give me one reason was basically just to start discussion. If there will be more it will be better. But anyway I think perhaps the Thing is on cannot or should not compare iPhone and android.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW