My iCloud account is locked, need some help

I

iMore Question

Hello!

I have a problem with the account which I am not sure how to solve. I have an iPhone 5s.
Thing is, I never had any problems with iCloud account locking. My sister has an iPhone 6 and she logged on my account ''just to download'' one app. She doesn't have an account, cause she doesn't use anything, only to make calls and send messages. When I woke up in the morning I saw that I have to type my security question to unlock the account. Now, I made this account 2-3 years ago and I really can't remember those, and the recovery mail for some reason is the same as the one that is locked, so no way to unlock it that way. I'm from Bosnia and Herzegovina, and we don't have any apple support here, so I contacted my friends in the neighbour countries, Slovenia and Croatia, so that they call it for me, I was on the other line on Skype. They both asked me for the informations on my account, and came to a conclusion that I need some sort of a proof that this is really my phone. Since here we dont have any contracts to make, like in other countries, we just buy them in mobile shops. I got this phone as a gift from my parents, so I don't have any way to prove its mine, only a fiscal bill that I got from that mobile store in my town.
Now I just wanna know, is there any way to unlock my phone, cause I can't update, download or receive mails in any way (and I kinda need that), or am I really doomed, no way of solving this problem?
I don't really know if this is even the place to write this, first time I'm really asking for anything here, if yes, I am sorry, but I am kinda desperate

Hope you you have some good news for me. Thanks in advance, and have a nice day!

Milo?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I don't believe so I think you need access to the AppleID. There are ways around the passcode problem, BUT you need to at least have your Apple ID. Otherwise you will require Apple's help and I'm not at all surprised they require proof of purchase.

Good excuse to upgrade to the iPhone 7? (sell the iPhone 5s as a locked phone for parts only? It DOES still have some, although greatly reduced value)

RainTemplar

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
I just made an account, its the same guy who wrote this.
Well I do know my ID and password, and even one of the security question answers, but I don't know the other two. It's just when I log, phone or laptop, it redirects me to the iForgot page to reset, which I can't do.
But I guess there's no helping this situation, gotta change the phone.

Oh and yes, does jailbreaking the phone do any good here? Will I be able to download then, and surpass the AppleID restriction?

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I just made an account, its the same guy who wrote this.
Well I do know my ID and password, and even one of the security question answers, but I don't know the other two. It's just when I log, phone or laptop, it redirects me to the iForgot page to reset, which I can't do.
But I guess there's no helping this situation, gotta change the phone.

Oh and yes, does jailbreaking the phone do any good here? Will I be able to download then, and surpass the AppleID restriction?

Possibly I'm no expert on jailbreak, did you try this....

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306

Select setup as new phone and be prepared to lose EVERYTHING (but you should be able to download your apps again from the App store I believe)

RainTemplar

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
It's not the passcode that I can't pass, its the iCloud account that is bound to my phone. I have access to my whole phone, but the stuff that require an AppleID I can't use (Apple store, mails, updates). I don't use a passcode.

Anything I to do, reset the phone, delete the data, try and restore it, doesn't do anything, i just get a message saying I need to unlock my account, and i cant go any further from that. This is what I get, if you can open: Screenshot by Lightshot
I need a way to surpass that, or atleast get access to my mail so I can confirm the reset and start fresh, but there isn't any :(

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Yea you need Apple's help. Try again with that call setup, and maybe you can try the proof you have and see if they will accept it. Try the bill that you have, OR see if you can get an after the fact receipt from the 3rd party shop you went to, they MIGHT have a business record of your purchase IF you get lucky. :)

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Similar problem I have with a device trade in. The company is saying it's tied to another Apple ID that is not mine.......

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Good luck to both of you! Apple is a pretty reasonable company IF there is any way they can help generally they will. :) I have had experiences with MANY companies for tech support, but none come close (well T-Mobile maybe) to my experiences with Apple!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro