Iphone 6 won't turn on

I

iMore Question

I have an iphone 6 that won't turn on. The phone quit working about a day after the screen and digitizer were replaced succesfully by a phone repair shop. When I plug it in to a computer, the computer doesn't acknowledge that anything is plugged in to it (plugged in seperate phone as well with same charging cord to verify that the cord and usb port works). Since it quit working the charging port assembly has been replaced on the iphone 6 twice with no luck. Any ideas on what to try next?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't want to be blunt but this is not your problem anymore. You went to a repair shop and told them to fix it. If they messed something else up in the process it's theirs to solve.
I'd go back and demand a satisfactory fix.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If the repair shop messed it up, then it wasn't successful, was it? Take it back to them and let them fix it.
Have you tried Reset All Settings?
Reset All Settings
Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

mkr111

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
I can't turn it on to try and reset it, I have done a hard reset on it though with the sleep and home buttons. I took it back to the repair shop after the repair and they tried fixing it but gave up and would only refund me my money. I have contemplated small claims court but figure it'd be more of a headache than it's worth.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner