Can I keep my phone number?

RockinGlory

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I switched my number lots of times and decided to get t mobile. But now...I realized t mobile scammed me. I got a business account with them. They also blocked my IMEI last week. I switched to net10 with this number 5 months ago after being with t mobile (My bills were perfectly paid and I had good service with t mobile) And net10 now has my phone number. But does net10 really have my phone number? or does t mobile own it? Am I able to buy an unlocked phone and update a simcard througn net10 with my number? [redacted] I have 2 step verification on my gmail and I have no way getting back in! I have only a recovery address with that email and Im able to get into that one. I was new to gmail at the time and I thought things were perfect for me. So I didn't think I'd get locked out And I didn't know much and I feel stupid for not searching gmails information about the 2 step.

Does t mobile own my number or do they just own the device?
Also I learned I may have been scammed by a bad guy through t mobile on the website for the 0 DOWN and only paying monthly payments...cause they immediately charged me now apparently I owe over $900 but my account is already canceled with them?

Last edited by a moderator:

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
You own your number. You should be able to port it and take it to whatever carrier you choose. That's T-Mobile's device until you pay it. Although, I believe since it's unlocked you can use it where ever you choose. You just won't be allowed back on their network and they'll attack your credit for the device costs. There may be flags placed on the serial number of the device but I'm not positive how that works.

As far as what you owe, you were probably approved for $0 down device financing and the monthly payments occurred so long as you had an active account and service plan with them. The moment you cancelled meant the device charges were due immediately.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro